What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do
This position is the primary owner of managing our data warehouse environment. This includes creating a vision and strategy for developing business analytics that drive business growth, maintaining our ETL (extract, transform, and load) tool, managing physical & logical schemas, controlling our meta-data layer, and creating a MDM (master data management) strategy for the enterprise.
Analysts usually possess a strong educational background in engineering or technology, which allows them to be nimble with the ever-changing environment of a start-up.
- Design and implement data flows through the quote to cash process including project based sales (cost per project, capacity, efficiency)
- Develop Technical Strategies and Roadmaps related to information architecture, data and analytics
- Develop data integrations between internal and external/third party sources
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate gathering and understanding requirements from business groups
- Experience supporting end user reporting tools
- Work with internal and external data providers and subject matter experts to understand data sources and formats
- Ensure systems meet industry best practices and business, security, privacy, and retention requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, MIS, Data Management or related field.
- 4+ years related work experience, preferably in data analysis; including 2 or more years managing complex relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience with physical and logical database schema design
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience in relational database technologies
- Experience with Postgres is a plus
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral), evidenced by a background in preparing comprehensive documentation
- Expert at translating analytical data into meaningful business information that drives decisions.
- Ability to drive towards results
- Highly-organized individual with great attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Such as Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, etc
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.