About The Role
The Data Architect will own the technology vision for data and analytics at Yello. As Yello expands its ability to enable data-driven decisions from the unique candidate information we collect, our data strategy must evolve. We are looking for a data architect who will define, implement and mature the overall data strategy for the company.
You'll share your passion for enterprise data systems with your fellow engineers by coaching and mentoring them in their technical development. As the lines between development and operations become more blurred you'll collaborate closely with our Infrastructure and Security teams to build solutions that are resilient, secure, maintainable, and performant. You'll also help the engineering teams focus on continuous improvement, code quality, good security, and software craftsmanship.
How You'll Make An Impact
You will play a pivotal role on the Yello Engineering team, driving the technology vision for the data platform that supports our cloud-based, cutting-edge solutions. As the first data architect at Yello, you will not only manage architectural and organizational complexity to ensure delivery of effective enterprise data systems, but also help establish policies and procedures for data strategy and governance. You will help establish, document and champion data engineering excellence across the company.
You will build partnerships with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineers to understand needs and requirements, then use your knowledge of existing and emerging data technologies and strategies to design and deliver highly scalable and performant systems that can handle large volumes of complex data while managing costs.
What We're Looking For
- Prior experience as a Data Architect, Data Analyst or similar role
- data-driven experience migrating complex schemas in situ
- Expert level in database structure principles
- Highly skilled in relational and non-relational databases with an understanding of dimensional modeling (PostgresSQL experience is a plus)
- Expertise in data searching and analysis technologies (Elastic stack a plus)
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js)
- Hands-on experience working with cloud platforms (AWS is a plus)
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Strategic thinker with proven analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Possess the ability to convince others to pursue a course of action
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time