Role and Responsibilities
SMS Assist is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Affiliate Relations Team. The Principal Data Scientist will lead analytics efforts focused on innovative applications of data and models to inform decisions and monitor important affiliate relations initiatives. The Principal Data Scientist will apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business product. It will be important in this role to work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data. Key areas of focus include:
- Design core metrics that serve as important baseline information for team initiatives and model tradeoffs across product initiatives
- Apply statistics, modeling, and ML to improve the impact of affiliate recruitment and relationship management initiatives
- Develop, and improve algorithms that make recommendations based on predictive models under given constraints while optimizing key performance indicators
- Communicate proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Analytics, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or related industry experience.
- 5+ years of quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering or related Businesses.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical tools (e.g. R, Stata) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis.
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL, Redshift)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Tableau)
- Experience using one or more visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
Preferred Skills + Characteristics
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (writing and public speaking)
- Proven ability in successful leading and managing data analysis projects end to end independently
Key Relationships and Partners
- Director of Affiliate Pricing, Data Engineering, Affiliate Product Team Operating Team Leaders
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.