Data Analyst, Loan Validation
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
As an Avant Data Analyst, you will responsible for quality assurance and analysis of our products at the account and portfolio level.
Candidates will be responsible for analyzing information on an account by account basis and extrapolating this knowledge to discover trends and perform root cause analysis. They will interact with multiple departments including compliance, finance, product, and engineering to resolve issues, communicate findings, and recommend a course of corrective action. In this position, candidates will become experts on the inner workings of our product and the tools we use to do analysis.
We are looking for candidates that that are technical, self-driven, and pride themselves on their attention to detail. If you are intrigued by gaining a deep understanding of our systems, technologies, and data, then this job is for you.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA/BS from reputable university in Finance/Mathematics/Actuarial Science
- 1-2 years experience in financial services preferred
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong experience with Excel
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Programming experience preferred
- Must be able to interface effectively with other departments and team members
- Ability to understand large amounts of data and identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description