Data Analyst – Informatics
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We now have more data than ever before but providers don’t have the infrastructure of expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how data is used to improve patient outcomes. We’re looking for a highly-motivated analyst who loves working with data.
What you’ll do:
As part of the informatics team, you’ll play a key role in helping us aggregate data from many different sources to build the largest library of oncology clinical data in the world. You’ll work with clinical data experts, data engineers, data scientists, and other analysts to ensure the quality of our data for analysis downstream.
- Query new datasets that we ingest to help us build a full picture of the data
- Assist in building rulesets that define how we map external datasets to our data model
- QA the normalization processes to ensure that the data adheres to a common set of standards
- Analyze the quality of our data and insights that can be generated from it
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- 2+ years of Python and SQL experience
- Experience aggregating and normalizing healthcare data from various sources
- Extremely high attention to detail and fast learner
- Experience working with oncology data and clinical informatics
- Familiarity with common healthcare vocabulary representation (e.g. SNOMED, RXNORM, ICD-9/10)
- Github and AWS experience