Data Analyst II (Business Intelligence)
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, who will be instrumental in visualizing business trends and insights across the company. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface data-driven insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the leaders across the organization. We need data, reporting and analysis to do this! In this role, you will need to understand effective dashboard design and translate analytic requirements into dashboards/reporting to help analyze trends.
To succeed in this role, you should love both getting to the ‘truth’ of data and optimally visualizing data/insights in tools like Tableau, ReDash and Excel.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Build and maintain a connected ecosystem of dashboards and reports across multiple different platforms (Tableau, Redash, Arcgis)
Work across all facets of the business with key stakeholders to transform requirements into actionable dashboards
Partner with the Data League to ensure reporting tables address the needs of the business
Provide ‘self service’ reporting solutions for managers across the organization to effectively manage their business
Maintain a ‘Source of Truth’ for company wide metrics
You Should Have
- 4+ years of experience in a data/BI role
- Proficiency in Tableau and SQL, (ARCgis or other mapping tool experience a plus!)
- Proven track record of successful dashboard development and adoption by business users
- Strong familiarity with data warehouse environments (e.g., AWS and Presto)
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy - we work quickly but smartly
- Nimble mindset - our business is growing and evolving quickly, you’ll need to too!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.