closerlook’s Copywriter/Clinical Researcher creates compelling content that aligns with strategic communication objectives for digital marketing campaigns, and also reviews references and supporting materials for effective creation of marketing tactics and submission to our clients’ medical/regulatory/legal teams.
The Copywriter/Clinical Researcher is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the creative team to ensure that the writing, design and technology we develop are greater than the sum of their parts and achieve the client’s communication objectives. In collaboration with the creative team, the Copywriter/Clinical Researcher contributes creative concepting, marketing writing and content management to closerlook projects, both internal and external. This position will also have the goal of ensuring the accuracy of medical/scientific claims across multiple brands. The Copywriter/Clinical Researcher may also participate in researching and summarizing clinical literature in support of tactics, brand planning and new-business pursuits.
- Collaborates productively with Writing Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Project Managers, Proofreaders, Developers and other members of the project team.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail with proficiency in copyediting and proofreading.
- Participates in creative critiques and presentations.
- Adheres to brand style in both copy and design.
- Ensures the accuracy of claims across multiple brands.
- Finds sources and identifies support to substantiate claims.
- Executes strong marketing writing that aligns with strategic inputs.
- Communicates actively with project teams to keep jobs and deliverables on track and on schedule.
- Acts as guardian of content and the recorder of all copy changes throughout the creative process.
- Evaluates medical and scientific source material sent from partner agencies and clients and participates in medical discussions.
- Degree from a college or a university in English, journalism, communications or a science-related field.
- At least two years of experience as a marketing Copywriter.
- At least one year of experience providing scientific research support in a professional environment, preferably marketing.
- Has demonstrable mastery of English-language style and mechanics.
- Experience reading scientific journals and technical language.
- Experience in marketing for the healthcare industry, especially pharma, is a plus.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.
- Exhibits a high level of creative and problem-solving skills within the parameters of a highly regulated industry.
- Can easily manage a large volume of content while maintaining accurate work.
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to changing timelines.