Clinical Data Manager
What We Do
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a Clinical Data Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of Jr. Clinical Data Abstractors (JDAs). Jr. Clinical Data Abstractors are responsible for reviewing clinical records, structuring key data elements and building a clinical repository to fuel insights and decision-making for Tempus. As a Clinical Data Manager your job is to drive accuracy, efficiency, and support professional development of your team. You will also play a key role in maintaining the high quality data abstraction standards that Tempus requires.
The Manager will responsible for clearly articulating project updates to key stakeholders, and will liaise with the Operations team to support transparency and process improvement. He/she will work closely and in support of the Clinical Data Directors.
- Manage the clinical abstraction process to construct the foundation of a cancer genomics database
- Act as the primary point of contact between the operations team and clinical data analysts
- Handle team requests and queries, providing clinical expertise and fielding specific abstraction questions
- Work with multiple data sources and formats to support report and insight generation
- Develop and maintain abstraction guidelines by writing and updating SOPs
- Maintain abstraction quality by developing, interpreting and tracking standards for accuracy of data
- Recruit, select, train and guide new Jr. Clinical Data Abstractors
- Uphold quality standards by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- CTR, LPN, BSN or MSN or deep clinical data experience (data managers, clinical monitors, CRAs) preferred
- Management experience strongly preferred
- 4+ years' experience in a clinical setting
- Data QA/auditing experience is a plus
- Hematology/oncology experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, ability and willingness to work in an agile and expanding team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt quickly