Campus: Data Scientist (2020 Start)
Optiver is looking for entry level Data Scientists in our Chicago office. At Optiver you will leverage statistical analysis and data mining to assist in developing new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. You will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists collaborate with Traders to creatively solve complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
- Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
- Collaborate with Senior Traders and Data Scientists to develop strategies based on identified patterns
- Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
- 0-1 year of internship or research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or STEM related field
- Proficiency with a programming language, preferably Python
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience with large data sets
- The ability to think independently and work collaboratively with Traders and Developers
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the Data Scientist position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2020.