Business Operations Analyst
Launched in November 2008 in Chicago, Groupon is re-defining local commerce. Groupon offers unbeatable deals on the best stuff to do, eat, see, and buy in cities across the globe. With ambitions to transform local commerce and $1 billion in cash on its balance sheet, Groupon is looking for top-notch business operations (Biz Ops) professionals to lead the company through the next stage of growth.
The Biz Ops team bridges the operational and product sides of Groupon, using a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, and operational horsepower to drive business value from Groupon’s product and engineering investments. With an alignment to specific product areas (e.g., search, conversion, customer engagement, etc.) they develop the knowledge and insights that fuel our product strategy & development. This position is for Chicago and will report to a manager of business operations.
• Partnering with Product managers, and to a lesser extent, engineering, marketing and sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift.
• Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to understand how users interact with Groupon's offerings
• Developing & testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities in the business
• Quantifying the value / size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product roadmaps
• Designing both the business logic and the technical specifications to extract key data elements from Groupon’s products
• Creating dashboards and communicating product performance towards achieving product goals
• Reviewing product performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new features
• Develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, etc.
Ideal candidate will have:
• 2-4+ years of relevant work experience in highly analytical roles (consulting, investment banking, product analytics, etc.)
• Excellent communicator (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
• Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, SQL and Tableau
• Interest and passion for data, product development and e-commerce
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.