Business Intelligence Developer
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage reports and analytics solutions for our BI platforms. In the role the BI Developer would routinely work with teams from different business units at Morningstar to develop data sources and queries that provide visibility into data across our systems. This will allow teams and executives across the organization to not only keep track of business activities in our systems but also help them make better decisions and plan accordingly.
- Meet with business individuals to understanding reporting and dashboarding requirements.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy data sources for reporting platforms.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau).
- Identify continuous improvement options for data warehouse including performance improvements and scheduling options.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems for better reporting capabilities.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist.
- Experience working with CRM and Finance Systems is preferred.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, OLTP (online transaction processing) ,online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft Power BI)
- Experience writing SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience working directly with business teams to outline requirements and prepare reporting options.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity