Business Intelligence Analyst
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our expanding Digital Analytics team. We're swimming in data, and are looking for curious data-minded individuals to build management reports and dashboards, design data models, and identify opportunities to use data and analytics to improve operational performance.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
What we will want you to do:
- Monitor and dissect performance across our digital channels—become the “go-to” expert on channel and segment trends
- Develop management reports and dashboards for stakeholders across all business functions: marketing, product, technology, operations.
- Perform in-depth analysis to identify key business risks and opportunities and make recommendations to improve overall profitability.
- Distill complex data and relationships into clear, concise charts and visualizations.
- Contribute insight to strategic and tactical decisions that impact competitive position, marketing mix, product design, analytics, and operations.
- Implement key recommendations by identifying cross-functional stakeholders, developing requirements, ensuring accurate implementation, monitoring impact, and optimizing results.
- Design data models to extract data from operational databases and transform the data to easily understood business views.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling API’s, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis- then do the analysis.
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- BS/MS degree in an analytical or data driven discipline
- A minimum of 2 -4 years analytics experience in a consulting, financial services or e-commerce businesses
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools, preferably Looker
- Exceptional SQL skills, strong knowledge of relational databases, and the ability to build and maintain database views
- Ability to perform complex quantitative analysis and translate results into meaningful business insights
- Have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics, and IT organizations
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redshift, and/or Greenplum databases
- Experience with data driven programming (R, Python/Pandas, SAS, etc.)
- Experience working with Git