BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST II
The BI Analyst, Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics (EBIA) is a critical role within the EBIA team in NGIC. The Analyst works with users to create reports and dashboards drawing data from various DataMart’s and various other sources, primarily for the Product and Call Center Operations. Daily activities will include performing data analysis, defining end-user reporting and information needs, and developing the necessary reports in response to those requirements. The team writes reports and dashboards using SAP Business Objects, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI. Experience with MicroStrategy and Qlikview is desired but not necessary. Candidates with experience in gathering requirements and handling data analysis are highly desirable as well. Prior experience with in Insurance industry (P & C) will be considered a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work with users for ad-hoc/report/data warehouse requests from various user groups, and determines the proper course of action then sets priority of these various tasks on a daily basis.
- Work with end users to define requirements for analytical needs and design technical strategies for achieving them via ad-hoc/standard reporting and data warehouse development and identifying gaps in existing technology and advising management of additional required development that will meet the requirements.
- Work with the Business units, including management, to analyze business processes and define requirements of technical solutions, including report, data warehouse and application development.
- Develop reports and interactive Dashboards for management.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience gathering and translating end user requirements into end user reports.
- Experience with data visualization & reporting tools
- Experience with Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience querying large relational databases using SAS and/or SQL.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with coworkers across all levels of the organization.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (e.g. developing pivot tables, linking to external data, automating with VBA, etc.).
- Experience designing and manipulating large datasets across multiple database platforms.
- Demonstrate experience using advanced programming techniques to efficiently meet project goals.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.