SpotHero is looking for a number-loving, data-driven individual to support the day-to-day functions of SpotHero’s sales, business development, SpotHero for Business, strategic vertical, and customer service teams. This person will work to improve our strategy across each department and aid in new business development growth by developing actionable insights through data analysis.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will I do?
- Meet with various department stakeholders to identify what data is needed to complete requests and determine if we have the necessary data.
- Develop reports and tools using our BI tool to help operationalize data and make insights visible.
- Forecast ROI for relationships with new business partners and/or new initiatives.
- Construct high impact analytics reports for our different departments, streamlining processes, and making us run more efficiently.
- Be a thought leader on the Business Analytics team, identifying areas of opportunity to improve processes.
- Train and provide mentorship to Business Analysts.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Analytical. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You are extremely detailed oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 3+ year experience in an analytics background
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Data visualization skills and data presentation
- Proficient in working with a BI dash-boarding tool
- Experience with Looker a huge plus
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.