Position at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
Position Description: Business Analyst, Crowd Wisdom
We are seeking a Business Analyst who effectively manages project specifications and deliverables by providing concise direction and communication. Our teams are a cohesive unit that operates in a proactive working environment. This is a critical position that requires a high level of self-motivation and determination to achieve customer satisfaction and internal objectives.
- Study the systems and operations and identify the scope of the problem.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and conduct brainstorming sessions to get exact requirements.
- Analyze the problem from different angles and perform gap analysis.
- Document exact business needs along with both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Prepare use cases, business requirements documents (BRD), system requirements specification (SRS) documents and other functional documents.
- Based on system needs, create prototype, wireframes, mockups, and screens.
- For large projects, data and process models also need to be created.
- Interact with the technology team and help them understand the technical aspects of the solution.
- Oversee the development, conduct meetings and perform project management.
- Conduct usability and functional testing and recommend corrective and preventive actions.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology (IT), Business, education, or related discipline
- Two to four years of experience working in a large corporate environment in accordance to an Agile project framework; ability to work in support of 10 plus Agile projects, each with focus on select project discipline and cadence
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels of the organization and geographically distributed teams including offshore
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player; leading the group to develop alternative solutions to complex problems, thinking outside the box, encouraging group consensus and recommending the best solution
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills, presentation skills, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Skillful with scenario-based analysis and use case driven design techniques
- Extensive project and program experience with a proven record of delivery
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work efforts
- Proficiency in Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint