Associate Database Administrator
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a creative Associate Database Administrator to join our Infrastructure team. Our team is passionate about automating our infrastructure and ensuring that we stay current with the latest technology practices. The Associate Database Administrator will deal with terabytes of data for all of our development and data science teams.
If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Maintaining infrastructure (data stores, ETL tools)
- Optimizing queries for our SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Performance tuning and advising developers on best practices for data loads between data lake, internal data structures, internal and external API’s
- Brainstorming with data science and development teams and suggesting data and architectural solutions
- Creating and anonymizing data for staging/testing purposes for all development teams
- Collaborating with data engineers to build ETL pipelines
What is needed:
- Experience with MySQL or other relational data stores
- Experience with NoSQL or stores (preferably Elasticsearch)
- Administer databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) for scale, stability, security, multi-user load management and performance
- SQL and Bash skills
- Experience with common file and concept data structures (JSON, CSV, lists, dictionaries, data frames, etc.)
- Experience with data sanitization processes and creation of said processes for testing purposes
- Version control/Git
- Experience with any data visualization tools/frameworks is preferred. Looker Experience (LookerML) (desired)
- Python skills
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description