ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DIRECTOR
Provide leadership, management, and direction to the enterprise on AI initiatives. AI initiatives include but are not limited to omnichannel chatbots, robotics process automation, computer vision, and machine learning. Responsible for understanding the AI options in the marketspace and educating the enterprise on these opportunities. Work with the business to identify, clarify, and prioritize these opportunities and lead their successful execution. Their execution requires establishing the project requirements and working the IT application development team to develop timelines for delivery. After project execution, the position will be required to prepare analysis on the effectiveness on the AI and identify ongoing refinements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide thought leadership that defines new capabilities and leverages internal and external technology insight to provide AI solutions
- Inspire and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive AI vision and adoption
- Create and support the ongoing development of the AI roadmap and detailed execution plans to achieve our business objectives through multi-generational releases that will scale and accelerate our ability to deliver
- Translate the vision into detailed capabilities, determine and document current gaps, use cases and requirements in support of the targeted business outcomes
- Create business cases and strategies that utilize Artificial Intelligence while consulting with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders to ensure a successful, high quality, and timely execution in achieving business outcomes
- Responsible for influencing and collaborating with leaders to set LOB priorities and timelines, while creating lasting and credible partner relationships
- Remain accountable for end-to-end AI technology product ownership, development, integration, customer experience, return on investment and benefit realization
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience in business and/or operations
- Proven ability to introduce and use technology to transform operations or customer experience on a large scale
- Proven ability to create a novel or unique concept that reshaped a key business process
- Experience in running RFP’s and vetting solutions
- Highly curious but very pragmatic and not easily sold on ideas, concepts, or technologies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects independently
- Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills. Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Up to 25% domestic travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- PHD in AI or Machine Learning
- Background in Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience in AI and IT app dev experience
- Strong financial management skills in budgeting, forecasting, and cost control.
- Professional certifications to include one or more of the following: Project Management Professional, MCSE, or CCNA
Open to multiple locations in the US
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.