Who We Are
Networked Insights technology helps marketers from the world’s biggest brands and agencies understand their customers, inform their media spend, invent new products, drive amazing creative campaigns and improve their targeting by providing game-changing insights no other technology company can provide.
Our two primary products - Kairos and Audience.ai - help brands tap into billions of public online and social conversations (classified intelligently using the latest advancements in AI and machine learning) so that they can become more relevant to consumers, and get better results from their campaigns.
What You’ll Do
Networked Insights is looking for an Analyst to join our talented Taxonomy Team. The Taxonomy Team are stewards of NI’s proprietary Classification Taxonomy, a highly structured collection of over 25,000 classifiers that serve as the foundation of NI’s products and analytics.
An emphasis for the taxonomy Analyst is defining, testing, and maintaining NI’s Syndicated Interest Dictionaries: finely-tuned classifiers that comprise a database of conversational topics and consumer affinities in the areas of brands, movies, tv shows, celebrities, music artists, athletes, sports teams, video games, and more. Our interest dictionaries are continually refined and refreshed to ensure the most relevant topics are captured for analysis.
In this role you will work closely with other members of the Taxonomy Team as well as Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams. Networked Insights colleagues rely on each other in an environment of energy, innovation, hard work, collaboration, and good humor.
- Conduct internet research and data collection to develop and maintain NI’s Syndicated Interest Dictionaries
- Compile and organize information for efficient retrieval
- Execute campaigns to measure the effectiveness of individual classifiers
- Document clear and thorough research notes
- Help establish and implement quality standards and protocols
- Perform ad hoc research and analyses to inform the organization on Taxonomy-related subjects
- Develop proficiency with proprietary technology and 3rd party tools
- Work with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to innovate tools, features, or entire products
- Proactively develop expertise on relevant industries/verticals/clients apply it to product improvements
- Participate in project team meetings and calls
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research, Marketing, Statistics, Library Science, Sociology, or Economics, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience performing research or analysis for a corporation, marketing agency, or research firm
- Knowledge of Internet and electronic database searching tools and methods, including Boolean logic and basic SQL
- Strong analytical mindset and capabilities; ability to think logically
- Interest in and knowledge of consumer interests – i.e., “pop culture” subjects such as music, movies, tv, sports, etc.
- Experience working with unstructured textual data is a plus
- Understanding of basic taxonomical principles is a plus
- Data skills: the ability to manipulate, analyze, and summarize qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively use new technology
- Expertise with social media and understanding of various formats including forums, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Working knowledge of standard office productivity software
Who You Are
- Is a high-energy, assertive, and detail-oriented individual with a strong personal drive and work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Takes personal initiative to achieve the highest standards of quality
- Is intellectually curious, has a passion to learn, and is comfortable making recommendations to Manager and above
- Embraces and encourages team collaboration and intellectual exchange and debate
- Adapts to quickly changing situations with a positive outlook, works well under short deadlines, and handles pressure with composure
- Proactively advances their proficiency with new data, tools, and methods, and expands their broader knowledge base
- Interacts productively with different personality types, responds willingly to requests for help from colleagues, and actively seeks opportunities to help others
- Understands the business objectives and challenges faced by marketers, and applies this perspective to their work
What You’ll Get
- Ownership and challenge in your work
- Collaborate with intelligent and highly skilled coworkers
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
- Company Culture that is Committed to Work-Life Balance for each and every employee
- Casual office environment with a startup feel – We have a particular fondness for Peanut M&Ms
- Fantastic Downtown Location connected to the Merchandise Mart
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.