Analyst, Technology Implementation
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Our Technology Enablement team is integral to the delivery of these solutions by serving on the front lines of data acquisition, management, and normalization efforts from a breadth of sources (EHR’s, payers, HIE’s, 3rd party vendors, and more). As the face of the VillageMD Technology team for their assigned markets, Technology Enablement Managers enjoy a dynamic, hybrid role serving at the intersection of our solutions, delivery teams, and partners.
What are examples of work that Technology Enablement Analysts have done at VillageMD?
- Implemented VillageMD data extraction technologies across multiple EMR systems
- Increased the portfolio of data pipelines into the VillageMD platform through creative solutioning with external partners and VillageMD engineers
- Enabled secure data sharing solutions and systems access for VillageMD Operations & Analytics teams, critical to delivery of the VillageMD services model
- Created tools and workflows to facilitate data ingestion and delivery projects
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills/aptitude
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects, while managing project deliverables to timelines
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners (internal and external)
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Own practice onboarding projects working cross-functionally with the Technology, Market Launch, Population Health Operations, and Analytics teams to enable the VillageMD Technology platform
- QA and normalize data sets from new sources into the VillageMD data model
- Engage new EMR, payer, and other data sharing partners to solution new data acquisition approaches
- Learn and contribute to innovative ways to extract, move, and analyze data in rapid form using tools like MFT, SQL, and Tableau
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience leading data intensive healthcare technology implementation projects
- Preferred experience with clinical and financial healthcare data
- Experience with healthcare data integration including SFTP, API’s, HL7, CCDA, SQL
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Hands on experience with SDLC, working with both business and technical project teams
- BS/MS in healthcare, technology, or business-related fields
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, bonus, and health benefits
- Paid gym membership
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment (with snacks)
- Pre-tax savings on commute expenses
- Remote flexibility
- A highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes the impact you can make from Day 1.
- A clear link between our daily work on products and services and the improved quality of healthcare that this work facilitates for patients.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.