Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for an Analyst, who will support the high-performance Growth Marketing Strategy and Analytics team. He/she will be responsible for analyzing the ROI of marketing tests, building key-metric dashboards, and analyzing trends. Based in Chicago, and reporting to the Sr. Manager of strategy and analytics the role will consist of:
- Test and Measurement (75% of time)
- Partner with key marketing stakeholders to design measurable and impactful experiments
- Measure the performance of marketing tests using a wide variety of approaches including: A/B, difference in differences and regressions by using tools such as R, Tableau and Excel.
- Fielding requests from within the Growth Marketing team to perform one-off analyses and answer questions around abnormalities in daily performance
- Liaise with the Director of Local Marketing to perform analyses of individual channel tests, ensuring the integrity of results
- Develop insightful recommendations based on data driven findings
- Dashboards: (25% of time)
- Build dashboards to monitor various business metrics in real time
- Build tools to support the Growth Marketing team to be able to track performance of campaigns
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Designing and measuring tests for unique offline channels.
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights.
- Defending surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholders.
- Fielding requests from multiple stakeholders.
You Should Have
- A Bachelor's degree in quantitative or related fields such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research,marketing, engineering
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Proficiency in sql and experience with Tableau
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative analysis and reasoning, which can include academic coursework OR work experience
- Strong interest in marketing analytics
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Eagerness and hunger to learn
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience in statistical analysis, including regressions, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Experience with A/B testing and/or marketing analytics
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
- Finally, work with an awesome team that loves its work and also loves to have a great time!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.