Core Responsibilities of the Data Scientist
- SMS Assist’s Data Scientist will use machine learning to improve and automate processes in SMS Assist’s proprietary tools
- The Data Scientist will apply data mining techniques to make recommendations based on data and communicate results through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
- As the Data Scientist you will improve the dataset (or data repository) quality by cleaning the company’s data and collecting information from new sources
- The Data Scientist will translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches in diverse domains such as vendor recommendation, work scheduling and technician dispatch, etc.
- SMS Assist’s Data Scientist collaborates with different teams to develop, refine, and scale procedures and workflows
Knowledge and Skills of the Data Scientist
- Programming Languages: SQL, Python
- Experience using a machine learning framework e.g. scikit-learn, torch, shogun, weka, MOA…
- Experience with a statistical software (e.g. R, SAS)
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist, working closely within a business
- Understanding of ETL tools and database architecture
- Good Communication skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Experience with natural language processing
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI best practices
- Experience with big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or Superset
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience
- PhD or M.S. in related fields is preferred
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.