Data Recognition Lead
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced startup culture. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of professional experience in a data-centric software environment. A successful candidate will be able to navigate multiple priorities, create strong business use cases thinking about both short and long term strategies, and lead both small and large change initiatives. Ability to thrive with minimal direction and escalate critical decisions and events will be essential. The candidate should have experience managing teams of external contractors, responding to changes in business priority, and possess the ability to communicate, improve processes, capture performance metrics, and have a strong interest in the CPG industry. Experience in data analysis and team management is preferred and a bachelor’s degree is required in Management Information Systems, Business Management or a related field (e.g., Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics). The person who fills this role should also be an extremely quick and independent learner.
- Manage external contractor teams to drive accountability for accuracy, cost, throughput, and overall budget management.
- Hire, track performance, provide feedback, and manage external contractor teams, processes, and internal software applications.
- Write, run, and interpret SQL query results.
- Help to manage a database of ingredients, claims, and nutrient data.
- Build data visualizations to showcase metrics and trends, using BI / Analytics tools and Excel.
- Perform high quality, independent work on team initiatives.
- Support projects led by Data Transformation Manager and other Data Team members.
- Create reports for both clients and internal management.
- Work alongside industry experts on cutting edge projects, including Machine Learning, NLP, and Data Science
- Develop business use case proposals and present to management
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned.
- High proficiency in SQL, Excel, Data Visualization Tools (i.e. Tableau, Kibana, etc.)
- Optional: experience with NLP, Solr, Elasticsearch, search technology, R programming
- Prior management experience
- Motivated and conscientious self-starter
- Data-driven decision maker
- Intellectually honest
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Passionate to drive product transparency
- Desire to grow in your career at Label Insight
Who we are:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.