Jellyvision is hiring a Writer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents ofALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented writer to help us.
How you’ll help
We need a writer to take the lead on a smorgasbord of writing projects. That could mean anything from updating our flagship product ALEX, to writing video scripts and marketing blogs, to polishing up PowerPoint decks and press releases. No matter the task, great writing is what makes our products unique because our writers have an ear for how actual people actually speak. They weave word magic that appeals to everyone from Joe Schmo to CEO. And they believe any topic can be fun to learn about, no matter how drool-inducing.
What you’ll do
- Convey concepts creatively, logically, and concisely. In writing, obviously. But also while talking.
- Get inside the minds of your audience.
- Understand what’s inherently interesting and relevant about whatever you’re communicating… or ask questions until you do.
- Bring humor to any topic.
- Be empathetic and persuasive.
- Listen well and communicate clearly to a wide variety of different audiences.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 2+ years of writing experience (Though the ability to write clearly, impactfully and humorously is more important than years on the job.)
- The capacity to master new software
- Any background or dabbling in audio or film editing will come in handy (though it’s not required).
- Manage complexity -Demonstrate creativity and efficiency in the face of multiple deadlines.
- Be self-aware -Give and receive criticism and feedback gracefully.
- Collaborate & communicate effectively with coworkers and stakeholders alike.
- Be resourceful - Self-motivation and curiosity are essential.
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!