Hello, we're Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates uses Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We're looking for a Writer, Brand Studio (Temporary)
As a temporary writer, you will be joining our Brand Studio team for a three-month period. Our Brand Studio is composed of writers, editors, designers, strategists and UX experts collaborating each day to develop high-quality content in support of the tech and startup community. We are looking for someone who is a startup lovin’, analytical, tech-crazy writer with a fresh voice and style.
How You’ll Contribute
Working within Built In’s Brand Studio, you will produce high-quality and compelling articles designed to capture an authentic, behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to work within cutting-edge tech companies — our premium employer companies.
Specializing in the production of Insider Spotlights, you will produce articles between 400-1,500 words that are designed to drive recruitment and employer branding results for our customers, while adhering to Built In’s editorial style, voice and tone. You’ll have the opportunity to shed light on the amazing tech being produced within these companies and share what inspires their employees.
Collaborating closely with the Brand Studio team, you’ll also work with our sales, customer success, product, engineering, design and operations teams. We’re a team of passionate, dedicated, curious, humble and fun-loving techies that — no joke — eat lunch together every day simply because we love working together.
Create and quickly produce error-free articles multiple times each day, five days per week.
What you need
- You have a minimum of 5 years producing content in support of brands.
- You are enthusiastic about startups and tech companies.
- You are an experienced writer, capable of producing both breaking news articles, as well as strategic pieces designed to drive conversions or support company brands.
- You are a digital native, capable of managing social media channels to drive organic growth and support the tech community.
- You are excited to work on a creative team that is working to produce innovative new products.
- Previous experience writing for a tech publication preferred.
What we value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if?” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it and get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.