Tribune Interactive is looking for an associate web producer with 2-3 years of CMS experience and a passion for lifestyle journalism to assist in original content creation and content programming & management across the company’s new digital vertical initiative.The ideal candidate is independent, driven, enthusiastic, and an excellent writer who is equally comfortable covering and/or identifying and posting the latest health study, travel destination and viral animal video while also being able to expertly navigate the backend of a robust CMS system spanning ten national websites.
- Collaborate with the editorial teams across multiple national newsrooms to program 15+ stories per day across brand homepages and section pages.
- Write 4-5+ newsy/trending/viral articles daily.
- Produce 4+ photo galleries weekly.
- Assist with social platform management, video interviews, syndications and newsletter production as needed
- Monitor performance and generate insights to improve engagement across web and social.
- Help define editorial process by proactively identifying areas for improvement.
- Data driven and have the ability to translate content performance into clear and actionable insights.
- Flexible and love to roll up your sleeves and work on a range of topics and assignments in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts.
- Scrappy and fast paced with strong attention to detail.
- Communicative and able to successfully work with colleagues across multiple time zones.
Experience: At least 2-3 years digital editorial experience working for a news and/or lifestyle media outlet or brand content engine.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities: Fluent in writing for digital and social. Knowledge of custom CMS, Google News/Trends/Analytics a plus.