The VelocityEHS Videographer/Editor is primarily responsible for assisting with the creation and maintenance of both external and internal video assets, including videos and scripts. The Videographer/Editor works with the Video Production Supervisor to leverage relationships with subject matter experts throughout VelocityEHS in order to produce a range of material including product videos, customer testimonials, recruiting videos, brand essence videos, social videos, best practice videos, how-to videos, training videos and other resources as necessary.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you — check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Creating both external and internal facing videos with minimal technical supervision using writing, graphic design, branding, image editing, document formatting, animation, video, and audio skills and tools
- Budgeting, scripting, storyboarding, location scouting and scheduling video productions to deliver projects on deadline
- Recording and editing video and sound projects, selecting appropriate media output formats, sourcing additional media, organizing raw media files, editing media files, producing necessary titles, graphics, special effects, music and voice overs
- Collaborating with range of both internal and external stakeholders to produce assets for VelocityEHS and its respective departments as assigned
- Assisting with updating, creating, and/or recommending current or new tools and deploying and maintaining assets on local servers as well as third party sites (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube)
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, working with Video Production Supervisor to set project scope, priorities, deadlines, and schedules
- Participating in needs assessment, design and development of master video calendar
- Assisting in managing and tracking video asset library in order to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Interacting with SMEs in Marketing, Product, HR, Customer Care, and Sales in planning and scoping requirements for video creation
- Reviewing VelocityEHS solution offerings, marketing and product functionality to ensure brand and product alignment
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of related professional experience, preferably demonstrating accomplishments in a product or marketing video production role
- Ability to independently transform raw content and data received from subject matter experts into video content with full narrative structure, scripts and illustrations
- Experience with a range of professional recording devices (video and sound) and comfort working in various media formats
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Effects required; Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2003-2010 products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe PDF documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and voice quality
- Strong attention to details, policies and procedures with the ability to identify and recommend improvement opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Capable of making quality decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with colleagues and customers
- Passionate about his/her work
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with multimedia authoring tools such as Camtasia, SnagIt and Adobe Captivate
- Training content creation experience
- Experience with web conferencing software and applications
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with motion graphics and ability to assist in the creation of art that can be repurposed in other content (e.g. infographics)
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.