Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a Videographer with top-notch editing, motion graphics and shooting skills to help the nation’s 8th-largest retail mortgage lender tell its story. You’ll work closely with other videographers as well as graphic designers and executives in marketing, recruiting and technology to produce on-brand, multi-channel culture pieces, sizzle reels, interview videos and more.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional insight and creativity, an engaging portfolio of video projects, incredible work ethic and a commitment to embody Guaranteed Rate’s vision, core values and personality.
Guaranteed Rate offers a fast-paced environment with multiple parallel projects. From national consumer-facing campaigns and weekly internal updates to social media postings and editorial content for our partner site, Gateless, you will be instrumental in shaping a consistent voice and visual presentation.
Samples of past work are required, presented as a demo reel or portfolio of videos.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Creative Services teams to identify video stories that support Guaranteed Rate's branding and messaging
- Research topics, identify locations and resources, interview subjects and plan video shoots
- Create and edit quality videos that support the creative brief for each project
- Execute the video compression and encoding of content for online use and distribution
- Edit music with appropriate tone, timing and rhythm
- Research stock footage and stock photo elements for production and video needs
- Ensure that all videos are edited to convey the most effective message in an ideal length of time
- Distribute completed projects to stakeholders in the proper finished format
- Ensure all names, titles and words that appear in the final product are correct
- Properly backup and archive all footage for future retrieval
- Be comfortable working both independently and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Be flexible in scheduling time as needed. Some extended weekday hours should be expected. Weekends are rare, but possible. Open to weekday travel as needed.
- Two or more years of experience in video filming and editing
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with lighting and staging a shoot
- Understanding and knowledge of color correction
- Excellent sense of pace and timing
- Ability to visualize the written word and express it in pictures and sound
- Ability to explain your creative decisions and handle criticism
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with still photography and video editing a big plus
NOT REMOTE. MUST BE LOCAL OR BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO CHICAGO.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.