Browse the Aisles
We are seeking a passionate writer to join our Experience Design team. You’ll be part of the Product team that influences product strategy. Help shape our online experience by crafting straightforward, human, and clear copy. You are an advocate for design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. From ideation through implementation, you’ll work with a team of designers, product owners, and developers to actively be a collaborative contributor. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team, think holistically about design and change the current grocery landscape. We prefer a “hands-on” approach that involves iterating and executing across multiple workflows.
The Experience Design team has an effective partnership with the product and development teams. We collaborate with engineers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focus, a data-driven approach, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to act well with minimal direction.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success- What’s “in store” for the role
- Write and edit clear, concise product copy (websites, mobile apps, notifications, error messages, feature naming, and more)
- Be an advocate for a vision for product content across all channels
- Champion the brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Write hard-hitting copy that drives action and performance
- Translate complicated concepts into jargon-free concise copy
- Work with user research team to implement user feedback and insights
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, marketers, project managers, and stakeholders on a daily basis
- Effectively maintain multiple projects with fast-moving schedules
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- Create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 1-4 years of experience writing for a consumer brand
- A conceptual mind that not only writes copy but considers visuals as well
- Knowledge of AP style
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to understand and discuss strategy, metrics, and results
- A collaborative, proactive mindset
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.