The technical writer provides product documentation to assist both internal and external users.
- Work with product managers, software developers, quality assurance, and support to understand new features and functions of our software application.
- Create external documentation for customers.
- Create internal documents for support and consulting teams.
- Experience in a technical software product environment.
- Experience writing task-based procedures.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development cycle and version control.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s or graduate program preferred.
- The ability to translate technical concepts into written language that is easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A minimum of 3-5 years working with Product and Engineering in an Agile environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective research skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple deadlines in fast-paced environments with changing priorities.
- The ability to learn new processes, products, and tools.
- Experience with Automotive Marketing or Service products a plus
- Experience with developer tools, especially TFS, is a plus.
- Experience with dealership management systems is a plus.
- The ability to organize and complete assignments using standards for order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Experience standardizing materials prepared by others.
- Experience analyzing product changes to determine what documentation needs to be created or revised.
- Experience developing and maintaining constructive, cooperative relationships with coworkers.
- Experience using project management software like Version One to prioritize, organize, and manage assigned work.
- Experience communicating with people inside and outside of an organization.
Read Full Job Description