Sr. Content Analyst
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Located downtown Chicago, Gamut is a start-up operation being launched by Grainger. The company is developing an innovative, new e-commerce platform that will leverage technology, structured data, and customer insights to launch a successful new business. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a dynamic organization from the ground up and explore numerous career development possibilities as the company continues to grow.
Content strategy is key to the success of our business. The Sr. Content Analyst role is responsible for helping develop, articulate, communicate, and implement the standards that ensure we provide an excellent customer experience. This Senior Content Analyst role is also responsible for helping ensure we meet our standards across our e-commerce and marketing platforms. The position is accountable for analyzing our current content, identifying gaps, making recommendations to bridge those gaps, and drive that implementation process.
The Sr. Content Analyst provides will partner with stake-holders and work with cross-functional teams across our Merchandising, Product Development, Information Architecture, and content creation teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, articulate, communicate, and implement standards to ensure we meet our customer experience goals:
- Understand current standards and guidelines
- Work with SMEs to revise standards and guidelines to align with our business strategy and goals
- Communicate and implement across the business
- Ensure we meet our standards for e-commerce and marketing platforms
- Data driven, systematic method of identifying content gaps
- Drive process for bridging gaps and improving our customer facing platforms
- Execute projects or workstreams that are critical to our business launch goals
- BA or BS required
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical and business communications role with cross - functional experience.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Structured thinking
- Strong background in research, analysis, and business communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office functionality, especially Excel (Macros, VBA, Pivot Tables, Lookups).
- Basic to Intermediate skills in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Able collaborator with leadership, business users, and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Industrial experience a bonus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Database, SQL, Technical Support, Project Manager, Technology