Sr. Analyst, Content Strategy
Content strategy is a key role in the success of Grainger's business, especially in the rapidly evolving online space. The Sr. Analyst, Content Strategy role is responsible for helping source, analyze, and synthesize critical customer and process information that will help the organization develop, articulate, communicate, and implement strategies to keep its customer experience as a leader in the market. This Sr. Content Analyst role is also responsible for helping ensure we meet a unified standard across multiple channels and that our multi product offering is properly represented and communicated to customers in both our e-commerce platforms as well as our offline channels. The position is accountable for gathering data to support analysis and review our current content, identify gaps and opportunities, make recommendations to bridge those gaps, and drive the implementation process.
The Sr. Analyst, Content Strategy partners with stake-holders and works with cross-functional teams across our Merchandising and Channel Merchandising, Product Managers, Supplier Management, Content Creation, and technical teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Source, analyze, and synthesize critical customer data
- Source customer information from different areas of the organization (e.g., web analytics, contact centers, customer relations, sales data)
- Manage and process large amount of data and use it in a meaningful way
- Identify key needs (met and unmet) of our customers and users
- Generate metrics that allow measurement of impact and performance
- Produce actionable insights and communicate them effectively
- Ensure we meet a unified standard across multiple channels and that our multi product offering is properly represented and communicated to customers in our e-commerce platforms and offline channels
- Understand current standards, guidelines, and processes of the organization
- Work with the appropriate SMEs across Grainger organization to revise those standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Document the information and identify improvements supported on data
- Engage with stakeholders to generate a change plan, communicate it, and implement it, with the support of the team
- Evaluate performance and identify potential improvements
- Provide assistance to other areas looking for guidelines and facilitate communication across multiple stakeholders
- BA or BS required
- 2-4 years of experience in business process role that required analytics with exposure to multiple teams from different areas
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with evolving needs
- Eagerness to learn about different market functions, digital technologies, data analytics tools, and how to effectively drive changes in an organization
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Background in data analytics, business process, market intelligence, strategy, research, or project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office functionality, especially Excel (Macros, VBA, Pivot Tables, Lookups).
- Intermediate skills in Python (Pandas), R (Shiny), SQL, Tableau are a plus
- Knowledge of application of advanced data algorithms (e.g., random forest, clustering)
- Able collaborator with leadership, business users, and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Industrial tools, ecommerce, product management experience are a bonus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.