SENIOR VIDEO EDITOR
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as they shop for beauty and experiment throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer them unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Senior Video Editor will work directly with the Video Manager in creating videos for a number of channels (social, ecommerce, app, store, internal platforms, etc). In this dynamic position, the Senior Editor will serve as a visual storyteller by participating in every part of production from concept to final cut. Their primarily responsibility will be post-production (editing, color correcting, motion graphics, and sound mixing footage) while also playing a role in storyboarding, producing, and capturing footage when necessary. They must be well organized, as they will overlook the archival of footage and video projects. Based on Ulta Beauty’s test and learn program, they will implement and iterate our best practices in video content they are responsible for editing. They will also collaborate and manage all video creation with our video agency.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manipulate and edit film
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough fine final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Request and manage video projects for video agency
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Storyboard, produce and capture footage when needed.
- 5+ year’s experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in film/Video, Design, or similar media driven majors
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills