Senior Digital Copywriter
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through web, mobile and social channels.
The Digital Copywriter will create digital copy that communicates our key messages in a way that puts the customer at the center of what we do, whilst supporting commercial objectives.
Key objectives include: consistent web, mobile and social content, and an ongoing review of our digital campaign content.
- Responding to business briefs, produce copy and messaging across web, app and social channels.
- Ensure consistent Tone of Voice and alignment to the Brand principles.
- Support the creation of effective copy for key marketing campaigns, working closely Operational Content Manager and marketing stakeholders.
- Edit and review content produced by marketing agencies. As part of this, demonstrate a good understanding of writing for mobile devices, to support a mobile first approach to content.
- Take a lead on the creation of editorial formats for key content types. Work closely with UX and Design teams internally and our agency externally, to produce reusable and effective templates.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 plus years experience in a digital and/or editorial copywriting role with similar deliverables.
- The ability to communicate and challenge stakeholders, to help improve existing ways of working.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- The ability to work under pressure, to manage competing priorities and deliver to a high standard.
- The ability to write in plain English, ensuring content is relevant, accurate and consistent (in Style).
- A proven record of creating innovative content to meet commercial and customer needs.
- Previous experience of working in an agile way with cross-disciplinary teams (Design, UX).
- Previous experience of Content Management Systems (ideally Teamsite).
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.