The Studio team creates content that merchandises Groupon’s inventory and brand to customers, on both a local and a national scale. They are responsible for planning, executing and delivering content that aligns with Groupon’s strategic goals. The content they create spans across multiple types of subject matter, from lifestyle photography to product videos to national marketing campaigns and everything in between.
Script Writers pitch ideas, develop concepts and write scripts for videos that are produced by Groupon’s Studio team. They take abstract requests and translate them into words and stories that convey information and reinforce Groupon’s brand strategy.
- Conduct background research to ensure scripts set each video up for success
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of script format and video terminology
- Provide cues and direction to editors to convey creative intention
- Concept, develop and deliver content in a number of written styles
- Identify, resolve and prevent issues from arising that impact the quality of deliverables
- Deliver content within deadline for each project, proactively raising concerns when delays occur
- Provide clear direction and feedback during post-production reviews
- Work as part of a team to explore briefs and generate ideas
- Present ideas and proposals, both internally to colleagues and externally to clients
- Assist with the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and example imagery
- Assist with the development and documentation of style guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Able to partner with internal and external teams effectively
- Self directed, ability to work autonomously when needed
- Demonstrated understanding of the English language
- Excellent at problem solving and being resourceful
- Maintain understanding of current and most up-to-date video script writing trends
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts preferred, related degrees considered
- 3+ years of professional writing experience
- Understanding of video production and editing software
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to transport and lift 25 lbs.
Please include 3 writing samples along with your resume
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.