About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 360,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly one million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 Crowd is in need of a Research Editor who will be responsible for helping to edit all content for the Research Production and Enablement teams as well as external contributions. The Research team is producing current, thought-leading content that is disrupting the usual B2B buying experience. The editor will be a key component to the success of this content by ensuring we have a unified style and a professional quality level. Primary responsibilities will include copy editing blogs, reports and newsletters; inputting blogs into WordPress; and working with related teams to schedule and maintain the editorial calendar. This individual should have experience copy editing for a publication or in a research setting, and be comfortable quickly learning a wide range of operational procedures.
- Copy editing content and research for the G2 Crowd research team, freelance writers, and others within the company. Content types include, but are not limited to, blogs, research reports, and newsletters.
- Laying out posts in WordPress using Cornerstone page builder and managing the CMS for research team blogs.
- Brainstorming and collaborating with research team members to develop blog topic ideas.
- Helping to organize and manage the research team editorial calendar.
- Managing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Eager to contribute and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little or no supervision.
- Flexibility with changing job processes that come with a fast-growing company.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience copy editing for a publication or website. Both AP and Chicago Manual style guide knowledge a plus.
- Previous experience working in a research or technology-based setting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, writing, or a related field a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices a plus.
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.