Proposal Content Manager
As Proposal Content Manager at SMS Assist, you’ll drive new business for the company by demonstrating the value that SMS Assist can bring to commercial and residential prospects looking for a facilities management solution. You’ll communicate complex, challenging information in new creative ways. You’ll project manage the entire process of each RFI or RFP, from invitation to submission. You’ll be a key link between every team at SMS Assist, across Sales, Operations, ProdTech, Human Resources, Leadership, Pricing, Analytics, Legal, Compliance, and so many more. You’ll become a subject matter expert in each of these team’s processes, people, roles and responsibilities, technologies, and more—to the point where you’ll know the whole of our business better than most.
- Own the project management and creation of SMS Assist’s RFP/RFI responses, from invitation to submission.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to review RFP/RFI requirements and questions and come up with a game plan for response, across contributors, timelines, and more.
- Collaborate with Sales to keep ongoing RFP/RFI calendar up to date in Salesforce to ensure teams have visibility into what’s in motion.
- Schedule and run meetings with stakeholders, as needed, to tackle response strategy, establish priorities, and nail down target dates.
- Manage workloads for multiple RFPs/RFIs happening at any given time, within tight deadlines to ensure responses are on time, every time.
- Serve as liaison and build meaningful relationships across Sales, Operations, ProdTech, Human Resources, Leadership, Pricing, Analytics, Legal, Compliance, and more; know your sources for swift action and better content.
- Identify and merge content we’ve created for past RFPs/RFIs with new content to customize responses; work with necessary teams and team members to fill in the blanks, as needed.
- Take technical information and convert it to easy-to-understand content. These aren’t going to be your average, run-of-the-mill responses—we’re looking for a content creator who can talk about our business, and how we’re delivering better to the facilities management industry, in a bright, conversational, and interesting way.
- Continue to add new content to RFP/RFI library leveraging our new software, of which you’ll be the administrator.
- Write and edit documentation for clarity, quality, accuracy, and relevancy as well as according to AP Style and the SMS Assist Style Guide.
- Leverage Salesforce to track of RFP/RFI wins and losses, feedback, opportunities for improvement, and more; share these in weekly sales calls.
- Work with SMS Assist’s Design team and director of content marketing to create videos, training, tutorials, and user guides that can be leveraged in RFP/RFI responses and in other content marketing and collateral, aligning with buyer journey and sales cycle.
- Demonstrate awareness of all corporate policies and communicate as needed.
- Create sales enablement collateral (think white papers, infographics, one-pagers, and more) to accelerate sales and marketing goals.
- Stay up to date on SMS Assist knowledge, participate in training opportunities, and maintain relationships across the company.
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Proficient
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships - Advanced
- Negotiation - Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Analysis - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Experience with Loopio and Salesforce desired
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, writing or equivalent
- 4 or more years of experience in professional copywriting and editing, project management required
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.