Merchandising & Category Specialist
Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your digital merchandising skills?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
You will focus on planning, developing, and executing merchandising campaigns to drive revenue for multiple business channels and across varying platforms. This role owns supply-focused merchandising and so is responsible for detailed knowledge of specific lines of business to ensure growth year over year. This position requires critical thinking, a bias for action, strong communication, problem solving skills, confidence and an ability to self-start. You will also be responsible for quarterly strategy and planning and executing against quarterly merchandising plans, including collections, emails, site and mobile assets, etc. for the majority of categories in Groupon's local business.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Partner with the Revenue Management team regularly to: ensure merchandising plans are accurately delivering expected outputs, react to business trends with merchandising levers in real time, and align on metric efforts to drive (GP, GR, NOB, WAPP, etc) based on current needs of business
- Work to optimize vertical share of impressions due to seasonality and marketplace demand and own promo-code and sale campaigns
- Work with sales leadership to align on and develop plans to support strategic account partnerships
- Drive innovation in testing new, creative ways to present our inventory to the consumer through messaging, templates, and more
- Lead large-scale campaign project management during peak season, aligning all partnering teams to a common goal
- Manage marketing assets through back-end tools across multiple platforms, including site, mobile, and email
- Partner with Marketing teams on promoting merchandising efforts through affiliates and SEO/SEM optimization
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears appropriately, can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things that she/he sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience in E-Commerce, Marketing, or Merchandising
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven decision-making skills, customer-focused instincts, and good judgment
- Polished yet scrappy, entrepreneurial, and a self-starter who can run multiple projects at a time
- Demonstrated track record of making things happen through cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative, and problem solving skills; strategic and creative thinking with keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture"
- Focus on analytic decision-making using data
- Creative thinking to come up with innovative and effective ways to ensure all goals are met
- Effective communication, both via keyboard and in person
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.