Media Management Specialist
The Computer Operator perform media rotations, offsite vaulting, ticket monitoring and management, and other related functions associated with managing tape library and tape operations for both mainframe and server environment. This also includes media management within ATLs and media servers, loading and unloading drives and maintaining basic functionality for use. They also send and receive media, perform troubleshooting and report hardware issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High complexity assignments - augmentation and/or independent segment owner
- Moderate complexity assignments - augmentation (1 or >) or owner
- Low complexity assignments - owner (1 or >)
- May lead another individual
- Ability to see whole picture
- Monitors multiple ticket tracking systems for team's queues across locations.
- Monitors environment and troubleshoots issues with devices.
- Understands offsite requirements and corresponding SLAs for each client daily.
- Documents and escalates all requests or incident(s) via trouble ticket and escalates to the appropriate team(s) and leader(s).
- Maintains and records daily stats on vault, rotation and scratch volumes for SLAs.
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- High school grad and 1 year experience or higher degree and 1 year work experience.
- TMS - Basic knowledge and commands
- Working knowledge of peripheral equipment on tape drives, servers, ATLs and others.
- Working knowledge of EBS software to perform rotation functions. Such as Netbackup, VERITAS, JAVA, etc. Maintain scratch daily scratch threshold to satisfy SLAs
- Time management
TBD by field
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.