Marketing Automation Manager
JELLYVISION NEEDS A MARKETING AUTOMATION MANAGER
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX t
THAT'S LOVELY, BUT WHAT'S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is at a really exciting place in its history as a company - growing like crazy and with serious goals for future growth and market expansion. Our Sales and Account Management teams have grown by over 20% in the last year. With rapid growth comes some awkward growing pains. In order to keep sprinting forward, we're assembling a team of operations super heros across sales and marketing to join the newly created super group: Revenue Operations. This team will work cross functionally across marketing, sales, and account management to keep our sales and account management engine running like a finely tuned machine. This team will own our customer life cycle from end to end: from the first time we talk to them through renewal.
The Marketing Automation Manager will own all technological aspects of marketing automation. This includes administrating Marketo, Outreach, and other email tools like Cirrus. The role will begin by analyzing our current marketing systems for gaps, issues, and errors and then follow by developing a road map that ensures our systems are built for scale and agile marketing testing. You will report to the Sr. Director of Revenue Operations.
More specifically, the Marketing Automation Manager will be responsible for:
• Marketing Systems: You'll be our Marketo expert and captain. You'll be responsible for fixing our current system, implementing best practices, and helping us scale. You'll also own other email and marketing systems like Outreach.io, Cirrus, and Bizible. You won't be designing campaigns, but you'll be responsible for executing them without a hitch and reporting on the impact.
• Day-to-Day Marketo Support: You'll be our go to person for helping marketing and sales with all Marketo needs: building campaigns, landing pages, smart lists, and alerts.
• Inbound & Outbound Marketing Automation: Work with the creative and marketing teams to develop and implement new ways to communicate with prospects, helping to A/B test, track, and benchmark performance.
• Communication to Current Customers: Help build out the ability to communicate with our current customers, including helping our Director of SMB Account Management (the guru in charge of our small and medium sized customers) build out a strategy for customer engagement and retention.
• Marketing Attribution: Working with our Rev Ops Analyst, you will develop our Marketing Attribution system that incorporates marketing, broker, and sales touch points. Specifically, you will leverage our attribution tool, Bizible, to identify the key levers of lead creation, opportunity creation (meeting), and opportunity closes.
• Lead & Contact Scoring: Working with leadership, you'll help develop and implement a new way to score our leads and contacts. You will help craft a strategy that prioritizes our warmest leads.
• Campaign List Generation: Be the keeper of our customer and prospect lists. You'll help build and generate the list of customers or prospects we plan on (delightfully) emailing, and you'll assist in customer segmentation and testing.
• Reporting & Analytics: You'll assist in the standardization and socialization of marketing data and performance. Working closely with our Rev Ops analyst, you'll make Marketo and marketing data accessible, accurate, and actionable. You'll help give and glean insights for senior leaders across the entire company.
• Training & Adoption: Assist in process adherence and training Sales Reps, Account Managers, and leaders. You'll be the go to person for all things marketing operations related. We pay a lot of money for our tools; we want to make sure people are using them.
• Data Quality and Improvements: Monitor and maintain data quality within Marketo and evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to optimize the performance of the marketing team.
• Sales Collaboration: Work exceptionally closely with our Sales Ops Analyst to make sure our systems work together like peanut butter and jelly (strawberry or grape is up to you). We want a best-in-class Salesforce and Outreach integration, and innovative ways our systems can work together to help us hit our ambitious goals.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
While we're big believers that the right "DNA" and curiosity-driven grit are what makes for a successful hire, but we'll also take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience:
• Marketo (or similar) Expert. You live for marketing automation and have so much Marketo (or similar) swag it's embarrassing.
• Experience with Salesforce.com
• Experience building inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, with a love of testing and tinkering.
• Analytical and technically capable, you feel comfortable working with data and are a wizard with MarTech systems
• Experience with Outreach.io is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
• Familiarity with HTML, CSS, email best practices, and CAN-SPAM compliance requirements a plus
• Approximately 3-5 years of marketing ops experience
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga class? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the HumanTouch HT 5320 WholeBody™ Massage Chair. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes:
• A cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for the gig, focusing on how your past experience has prepared you for this kind of position. Writing is key to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that really shows us your personality (check out our company bios to see the wide range of personalities we’ve already got in house), but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. You don’t have to be funny. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us.
• Your resume
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application.
Please know that every single application we receive is read by a real live human being. However that kind of thoughtful review takes time, so it may take us a little while to get back to you (but we will, we promise). In the meantime, NO FOLLOW UP PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE. It’s not that we don’t love hearing from you. It’s just that time spent responding to follow ups could be spent…well…reading your application. Please rest assured that if you received a confirmation from Recruiting Robot, we’ve got your application, and will get back to you really soon. We knew you’d understand.
If you still have pressing questions in the meantime, please feel free to check out our handy-dandy FAQ page!
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!