Manager, Content Specialist
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to hire a Manager, Content Specialist for its Content Services team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
The role requires experience in the Natural Products Industry and knowledge of the departments, brands, products and attributes that fuel the industry. Attention to detail, a passion for health and wellness, and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment will be important for success. Experience with people management, leadership and the ability to analyze large datasets and use Master Data Management tools are essential for this role.
You'll be responsible for developing and managing direct report relationships and performing annual reviews, setting goals and objectives. You'll provide commentary on client and quality control issues and reports as needed, as well as strategize and oversee initiatives for automation and improved efficiency of the attribution process. Working independently and against compressed timelines, you'll coordinate and manage execution of monthly attribution goals and accuracy targets. In addition, you'll act as the subject matter expert on Content Services attribute definitions, processes and procedures - effectively communicating project status to all key stakeholders and team members and communicating audit findings, resolution and root cause analysis.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Bachelor’s Degree, Food Science or related field preferred
- 2 years’ experience managing a team of 5 or more
- 4 years’ experience in natural/organic/specialty gourmet/conventional grocery industry
- 2 years’ experience working with syndicated data (SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing setting)
- Ability to work independently and against compressed timelines
- Ability to analyze large datasets and use Master Data Management tools
- Strong focus on Quality, Process Improvement, and Customer Satisfaction
- Exposure to systems analysis, process design and/or coding languages a plus
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Established credibility based on experience and competency
- Problem-solving mentality and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to recruit, train, inspire, mentor and develop staff
- Proven decision making and problem solving based on analytics & conceptual thinking skills
Leadership / People Management Skills:
- Lead and develop a high performing team of subject matter experts
- Communicate effectively within Content Services team
- Create and generate status reports on assigned tasks and projects
- Work as an integral member of the Product Library organization in meeting goals and deliverables