Lead, Content Specialist
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to hire a Lead, Content Specialist for its Content Services team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
The role requires experience in the Natural Products Industry and knowledge of the departments, brands, products and attributes that fuel the industry. A passion for health and wellness and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment will be important for success. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced growing environment are important.
Being a major contributor to the quality, accuracy and evolution of SPINS Content Services, you'll be responsible for achieving completion of monthly attribution goals provided by your team lead. You'll also maintain quality control process, ensuring that library attribution accuracy standards are met and act as the subject matter expert on content attribute processes and procedures. You'll drive initiatives for automation and improved efficiency of attribute research and data entry process while scoping, initiating and implementing audits to ensure that accuracy targets are met. In addition, you'll provide cross-functional commentary for SPINS client services and business development. You'll research and audit product information on natural products using images, manufacturer data and SPINS partners as well as update the SPINS database with product information.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Bachelor’s Degree, Food Science or related field preferred
- 2 years’ experience in a natural/organic/specialty gourmet grocery retail environment.
- 2 years’ experience analyzing large datasets and/or Master Data Management
- 2 years’ experience working with syndicated data (SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing setting)
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and against compressed timelines
- Proficient utilization of software tools to perform function
- Exposure to natural/organic/specialty gourmet grocery product sales data desired
- Exposure to coding languages a plus
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions