222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. West Monroe Partners is a full-service North American business and technology consultancy who hires only the best of the best and then challenges YOU to make US better. We’ve built our firm on the belief that when you combine personal growth, professional growth, and a commitment to doing good in the world, you develop into an engaged, high performing team. No wonder we’ve been named as a top company to work for b y Consulting Magazine, Vault Inc., Seattle Business, and the Chicago Tribune; a best workplace in the U.S. by the Great Place to Work® Institute and FORTUNE; a top place for millennials by the Great Place to Work® Institute; and one of the 50 best Workplaces for Giving Back in 2016.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for an Editor to join our Corporate Marketing team.
You: are passionate about writing and editing. Your eagle eyes for grammar and style never rest. You can take mediocre copy and spin it into gold. You have strong organizational skills and are driven to produce stellar content through collaboration with others. You thrive on storytelling.
We: are a highly motivated, fast-paced marketing and communications team amid a rapidly growing firm of business and technology thought leaders. We need a trusted editor who can do a qu ick line edit and also knows how to shape a piece of content with structure and tone.
Together: we will grow the brand and reputation of our firm and our people. We will improve the quality and effectiveness of our content to be exceptionally relevant to the media, our clients, and prospects.
What will you be doing?
* Reads, evaluates and edits content or other materials submitted for publication and confers with authors and internal sponsors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
* Edits white papers, blog posts, case studies, articles, and collateral, working closely with the design team to publish content that both sounds and looks good; is willing to write and re-write content as needed for these content types.
* Acts as a last line-of-defense editor for all marketing materials, including website copy, ensuring a consistent voice and tone, a focusing on providing reader value as well as error-free content.
* Helps promote great content by writing exceptional teaser copy for multiple channels, including social, e-newsletters, and native content advertising.
* Work directly with the content marketing manager and the larger marketing team within an innovative, fast-paced, and creative workspace to write and edit sharp, differentiated, audience-focused content Partner with practice and industry marketers to understand our target audience and buyers to make sure our content is compelling to those audiences.
* Along with the content marketing manager and agency partners, executes the firmwide content strategy by aligning content with business objectives.
* Apply West Monroe tone and style to everything that comes across your desk, managing the day-to-day style and grammar guides and questions
* 4-6 years of proven success in writing and editing, preferably in journalism and/or business media
* Impeccable writing and grammar skills
* A demonstrated understanding of various industries across the business landscape
* A compelling portfolio of articles, white papers, social media, and other content across multiple channels – print, digital, social, etc.
* Excellent communication skills with the level of professional polish and finesse required to successfully work across all levels of the organization
* Ability to understand technical content and synthesize key messages
* Proven ability to build outstanding relationships across internal departments and with external partners
* Proficient in MS Office Suite
* Associated Press style background preferred, but not required
* Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or similar field preferred
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to flex your consulting muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you. Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.