Customer Care Manager
VelocityEHS differentiates it’s offering in the marketplace by providing service and support that is unparalleled in its industry. As Customer Care Manager, you lead a team tasked with delivering on that expectation. From front-line general inquiries to escalated technical support troubleshooting, you ensure we understand our customers’ concerns and then surpass their expectations in managing them through resolution. In addition, this role helps with the strategic trajectory and growth, as it relates to the increasing demand of the team.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Provide leadership, motivation, and daily direction to the Customer Care Support Team so that customer issues are addressed and resolved in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner
- Offer issue resolution guidance to personnel; handle level two/three Technical Support or other escalated issues
- Track and understand incidents caused by outages, global bugs, scheduled maintenance, etc., and provide timely reports to leadership and stakeholders
- Monitor and report on team/department metrics and trends on a regular basis, or as requested or needed, as well as effectively communicate the story behind the metrics to the department and executive management
- Develop, manage and maintain a Quality Assurance (QA) program and standards for the Customer Support interactions
- Implement, manage, and maintain workflow, staffing, and scheduling to meet operational goals and to manage customer utilization patterns
- Execute the operational and tactical plans of Customer Care Support while satisfying customer and business needs
- Hire, coach, and deliver performance assessments for, Customer Care Support personnel
- Promote and foster relationships between Customer Care and other departments, including Product Management and Development
- Work with Product Management and Development to ensure escalated technical issues are addressed and procedures/processes/training are in place before the launch of new products & functionality
- Review and manage Customer Support Survey results to better understand customer needs and implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement in the customer experience through root-cause analysis of issues and trends
- The continual evaluation and updating or creating of team procedures (SOPs)/workflows/programs
- Drive change management efforts to support our strategy and growth of the department
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years managing customer support personnel in a customer-facing SaaS or technical support environment
- Strong understanding of industry norms and best practices
- Strong reporting and analytical skills with attention to detail and a methodical problem-solving nature
- Resourceful – utilizing both company and other accessible knowledge centers in troubleshooting concerns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong documentation skills a must
- Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot Windows, Android and iOS, and how they’re most commonly used in business environments
- Experience with CRM and web-conferencing applications, and phone systems
- Familiarity with common corporate IT environments, and the ability to advise subscribers on best practices for implementation and deployment of SaaS Solutions.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- HDI Manager or similar certification(s)
- Technical certification(s)
- Experience developing a QA program
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.