Copywriter- Contract Position
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the in-house creative team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work across all our different businesses and have genuine opportunities to shape the future of our creative efforts and reinforce a growing, thriving culture through your content. This is a role for someone who is creative, innovative, and able to easily adapt to rapid changes in direction. This role will report to the Creative Director.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working seamlessly with designers to marry words and images.
- Being a great storyteller, while staying business minded.
- Partnering with Creative Lead, Internal/External Communications specialists, and stakeholders to ensure messaging works in design and ladders back to campaign, business, and messaging strategies.
- Creating concepts, headlines, and supporting body copy for marketing materials, digital/social content, press releases, and events.
- Ability to write content free of errors and mastered the skill set of proof-reading, copy-editing, and fact checking.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Experience in a fast paced environment that occasionally requires irregular work hours and quick turnarounds.
- The ability to be flexible and comfortable with working on several projects at once while still making project deadlines.
- 3-5 years of experience as a pro writer
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, or related field.
- Experience writing for brands to consumers, customers, and technical audiences.
- Experience working at a PR agency or corporate communications is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to provide writing samples.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Copywriter you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program