The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: In this role, you’ll edit a broad range of materials produced by the Marketing and Research teams. Whether its emails or in-depth research reports, you’ll ensure that our content is clear by guarding the high standards we value through copy editing. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Edit content for consistency, tone, and AP style.
- Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and logic under deadline pressure.
- Champion a natural language approach to brand voice and style.
- Help manage the editorial workflow through a content management system.
- Ensure copy is formatted properly and meets Morningstar’s standards.
- Proof and improve headlines, subheadlines, and titles.
- Excellent editing skills, proven through experience and the successful completion of Morningstar's editing test.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Strong communication skills.
- A commitment to accuracy and clarity.
- An understanding of best practices for social media, website, and email copy.
- Ability to coach analysts, marketers, and subject matter experts on writing.
- Strong organizational skills to manage workflow, multitask, take on new projects, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with InDesign and Excel is helpful.
- Interest in investing and experience with finance or business copy is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least three years of previous experience.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity