Content Strategy Manager
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Located downtown Chicago, Gamut is a start-up operation being launched by Grainger. The company is developing an innovative, new e-commerce platform that will leverage technology, structured data, and customer insights to launch a successful new business. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a dynamic organization from the ground up and explore numerous career development possibilities as the company continues to grow.
Content strategy is key to the success of our business. The Content Strategy Manager role is responsible for helping develop, articulate, communicate, and implement the standards that ensure we provide an excellent customer experience as well as ensuring we meet our standards across our e-commerce and marketing platforms. The position is accountable for analyzing our current content, identifying gaps, making recommendations to bridge those gaps, and drive that implementation process.
Additionally, the Content Strategy Manager will lead high impact projects that support our e-commerce business ranging from driving strategic content decisions (which content initiative will we prioritize), cross functional innovations (new template or functionality for our e-commerce platform), structured data / metadata conceptualization, forward facing / leading customer interaction / behavior.
The Content Strategy Manager will partner with stake-holders and work with cross-functional teams across our Merchandising, Product Development, Information Architecture, and content creation teams.
- Lead a team of 1-2 content analysts
- Ensure we meet our standards for e-commerce and marketing platforms
- Data driven, systematic method of identifying content gaps
- Drive process for bridging gaps and improving our customer facing platforms
- ID, develop workstreams, plan, etc. for executing high impact projects critical to our business goals
- Partner with stakeholders across the business
- Align with Gamut leadership team
- MBA or equivalent required
- 5-10 years of total experience
- 2-3 years at a top-tier strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, etc.) preferred
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Structured thinking
- Strong background in research, analysis, and business communication
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Able collaborator with leadership, business users, and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Industrial experience a bonus
- E-commerce experience a bonus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Consulting, Manager, Project Manager, Technical Support, MBA, Technology, Management