At TopstepTrader, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
One of our most exciting initiatives right now is building out our content resources, and our goal is to have 50% in video format by next year. We’re diving into SEO even more, and we’re always working to provide more engaging content to our users. The Content Manager will not only have the autonomy to build a strategy and set it in action, but will also have a close working relationship directly with our awesome VP of Marketing, making communication smooth and projects efficient (oh, and fun). Speaking of fun, if you are a digital native, the opportunity to influence our social channels is also a perk!
Excited about this opportunity? Read on.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Content Manager role is an ideal opportunity to marry your experience creating engaging content with a passion for trading and financial markets
- The role is also a great fit for candidates who are interested in learning how to engage a worldwide audience across multiple channels
- The Content Manager will work very closely with the VP of Marketing, an energetic strategic-thinker, and will have significant exposure to the CEO, senior leaders, and all function heads
- Along with autonomy, you can expect lots of work diversity. This role includes everything from managing an internal and external freelance staff, to social expertise, to producing podcasts and blogs, to keeping current on the latest in video and branding trends. No two days are the same and we’ll be learning right along with you!
- Manage 2-6 person content team, consisting of video and audio talent, according to our company values. This includes monthly one-on-one meetings, professional development goals, and overall quality performance toward achieving business content goals
- Manage rotating team of freelance writers to ensure all content priorities are fully staffed, and all content pieces are consistent with our brand and voice
The Ideal Candidate
- Financial and/or knowledge of markets would seriously be ideal. We need someone who knows what our traders care about engaging with; we believe our users are the center of our work, and our content strategy is a main pillar of our work
- Experience in digital marketing best practices. You don't have to be a pro, but basic knowledge of video distribution and analytics, social media distribution and analytics, and common metrics associated with content strategy are a must
- Proven experience in full cycle of content. We need someone to own the vision and goal setting of each content piece through to the implementation and reporting
- Previous experience managing a small team. We envision team management being about one third of your time, and we believe in the well-being of our team, so capable leaders are essential
- Smart and approachable. Our entire company will rely on the Content Team for aspects of different projects, and we're team players. As the employees are our clients, establishing a great rapport is one of the most important aspects of the role
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company.As a small company, we always have a lot going on, and we rely on our teams to have the skills to navigate the best way to accomplish our goals.
- Excellent English writing skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and overall positive attitude. We thought these were assumed, but better safe than sorry.
- Thoughts on the Oxford comma. Yes or no? Must have an opinion, and the right one
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your health and medical needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is TopstepTrader the place for you? If so, apply today! We can’t wait to hear from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.