Content Conversion Reviewer
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
As a Content QA Analyst, you will join our Learning Design & Strategy team and be part of our mission to design and deliver amazing and effective learning experiences for our partner’s learners. In this new role, you'll ensure that the courses we design and build for our partners accurately represent the original source material, the partner’s styling guides and meet everyone’s quality standards, all as part of a great team of passionate e-learning professionals in a fun and engaging environment.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Own all content quality control activities for a course implementation, working collaboratively with both teammates and partners to ensure accuracy of documents/data and internal consistency, including verification of data to final source documents.
- Checks for missing text, images, numbers, tables, footnotes, and headers.
- Ensure that formatting and styling requirements are followed in accordance with instructions from team and customer’s accepted style guide and standards.
- Resolve and verify resolution of styling issues (HTML/CSS) with team lead.
- Resolve and verifies resolution of content issues with the partner’s subject matter experts (SMEs) regarding quality control findings, including verification that all reviewer comments have been addressed.
- Balances priorities across multiple review projects based on deadlines and workload.
- Communicates larger quality concerns to team lead so they may be addressed.
- Documents and maintains quality control guidelines, checklists, style guide.
About the team:
We, as the Learning Design & Strategy team at BenchPrep, are focused on delivering optimal learning experiences for our partner’s learners. We do this by collaborating extensively with our partners and understanding how their instructional content aligns with their learning objectives. The team is comprised of learning content managers, learning technologists, and now content QAs, all working very closely and collaboratively in both launching these new educational programs as well as in growing out existing courses. We serve as an extension of our partner’s operations team, with a goal of making them and their programs more effective.
- Have 2+ years of content quality assurance or copy-editing experience
- Have 2+ years experience with electronic document/quality management systems and workflow ticketing systems, preferably Jira.
- Have familiarity with proper digital/web design, as well as mobile responsiveness.
- Have familiarity with the latest content quality control processes.
- Have a basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Have some experience working directly with B2B customers and subject matter experts (SMEs), like authors or publishers.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.