Category Manager, Indirect Spend
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Category Manager, Indirect Spend: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. Our explosive growth is propelled by cohesive planning and flawless execution. Our No B.S. bars are made up of simple, no B.S. ingredients and we believe managing our supplier relationships and indirect materials is key to the organization’s long-term success.
Reporting to the VP of Procurement, the Category Manager, Indirect Spend will be accountable for the development and execution of all indirect materials procurement strategies. The Category Manager will work towards continuous supplier improvement and manage key relationships with business stakeholders and key category suppliers. The Category Manager will oversee cross-functional projects, drive operational efficiencies and generate value creation across the organization.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of indirect categories, including the category strategies, category sourcing plans, spend analytics, supplier evaluations & performance management, market research, and various other strategic initiatives
- Develop and manage indirect material categories and scope of spend to be managed by the Procurement organization
- Define and implement procurement processes that focus on enhancing visibility and control over spend in indirect categories; work with internal stakeholders to implement change management
- Set and manage purchasing spend thresholds across indirect categories and develop processes to meet category goals
- Act as a procurement liaison to internal stakeholders to ensure alignment in process compliance, optimize spend and deliver operational efficiencies and cost reductions
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to reduce/optimize indirect material spend and increase visibility into spend
- Manage relationships with Marketing, Finance, Logistics and Sales to ensure all stakeholder requirements are captured and considered in category strategies and for downstream planning & execution
- Provide analytical support for negotiations and pricing agreements in alignment with category strategy
- Provide industry knowledge to key stakeholders on market trends, suppliers, and technical specifications
- Own supplier relationship management (including supplier performance and risk management) with key indirect strategic partners
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives for all indirect spend categories
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or related field
- 5+ years’ experience across supply chain, with focus in purchasing, sourcing, operations, and contract negotiation
- Strong analytical, business process and problem-solving capabilities
- Deep understanding of indirect procurement is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong understanding of consumer products and food manufacturing is desirable
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.