Computer Vision Engineer
Uptake's business is global, disruptive, differentiated and approaches the market in a new way. We help customers identify hidden value and create growth through business and technology innovation, while also enabling cost efficiencies that generate industry-leading business performance. Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
- Analyze image and video data from our IoT Platform
- Develop Computer Vision and Machine Learning Algorithms for object recognition, deep learning, image classification and video classification
- Model building and testing
- Writing informal reports for internal use
- Working with developers and implementation engineers to spec out database models and determine implementation of algorithms
- Advanced knowledge of standard computer vision techniques: image classification, image segmentation, object detection, etc.
- Experience developing computer vision applications
- Comfort with image processing and computer vision tools in a high-level programming language, such as Python or Matlab.
- Solid communication skills
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Computer Vision-relevant academic research experience (thesis and/or publications)
- Familiarity with a deep learning framework, such as Tensorflow, Caffe, or Pytorch
- Experience scaling and deploying computer vision applications
- Experience analyzing remote sensing/satellite imagery
- GIS expertise
- Experience with drone images and/or video
- Other video processing experience
- Facility with a compiled programming language (C/C++)
- Exposure to IoT
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.